Porcelain Veneers FAQs – Gramercy Park
The Answers You Need to Transform Your Smile
When faced with multiple options to transform your smile, it can be difficult deciding which solution is right for you. This is why we’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help you. Dr. Ira Newman wants you to be fully informed of the ins and outs of this cosmetic procedure, and in order for you to feel confident and comfortable about your decision, we encourage you to read through these questions. If at the end you still have questions about porcelain veneers in Gramercy Park, please don’t hesitate to call us. We will be happy to schedule a consultation with you and provide the answers you seek.
What Are the Benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
There are many known benefits to getting porcelain veneers to cover your tooth imperfections. Dr. Newman has been placing them on patients for many years because of the following advantages they provide:
- Coverage: Porcelain veneers can cover many imperfections, including chips, cracks, discoloration, gaps between teeth, and even minor misalignments.
- Keep Natural Tooth: Although a small portion of enamel is removed from your tooth, most of your natural tooth remains intact.
- Noninvasive: Depending on your individual needs, you may not need anesthesia due to it being a noninvasive procedure.
- Resistant to Stains: Yes, that’s right! Veneers are stain-resistant, so as long as you practice good oral hygiene at home, you can feel free to enjoy the foods and drinks you love so much.
- Low maintenance: Simple brushing, flossing, and rinsing will keep your veneers healthy and clean.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care, you can expect your veneers to last a decade or longer.
How Do I Maintain My Veneers?
The great thing about porcelain veneers in Gramercy Park is that there are no special tools or products you must use to keep them healthy. Maintaining a good oral hygiene routine is enough to keep them clean. That means, brushing your teeth twice a day for two full minutes, flossing at least once a day to remove any food particles or bacteria between your teeth, and rinsing with an antiseptic mouthwash. This will wash away anything that is left behind that could be harmful to your teeth and gums.
Will Porcelain Veneers Make My Teeth More Prone to Cavities?
The quick and easy answer is no. Porcelain veneers act and function just like your normal teeth, so as long as you properly care for and maintain your veneers, you will not have to worry about tooth decay or cavities.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for Me?
As one of the most popular cosmetic procedures out there, porcelain veneers are an ideal solution. However, the only way you can determine if they’re right for you is by scheduling a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Gramercy Park.
They can cover a wide array of imperfections, and they’re long-lasting, but depending on the severity of your imperfections and what you hope to achieve will determine if porcelain veneers are right for you.