Dental Crowns – Gramercy Park, NY
Protection for Damaged or Weakened Teeth
Broken or decayed teeth can wreak havoc on your oral health since they have no natural way to repair themselves. But you don’t have to give up on these teeth; Dr. Newman and Dr. Puglisi can help you save them and restore their function with dental crowns. Is your smile in need of restorative dental care? Find out if crowns are the solution you’re looking for by giving our office a call.
Why Choose Gramercy Dental Studio for Dental Crowns?
- Various High-Quality Materials to Choose From
- Dentists That Offer Care with a Compassionate Touch
- Practice That Accepts All Major Insurance Plans
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a very well-known type of dental restoration, and it’s usually recommended in situations where a filling isn’t enough to repair the damage that has been done. The purpose of a crown is to cover the affected tooth, thus restoring its shape as well as its ability to function properly.
Modern dentistry makes it possible to create crowns using a variety of materials. Our practice offers crowns made out of porcelain, ceramic, porcelain fused to metal, and gold. The kind of crown that’s right for you may vary depending on several factors, like whether the tooth can be seen by others when you smile.
You may be a candidate for a dental crown if you have a tooth that’s badly decayed or fractured. Crowns are also used to restore teeth after root canal therapy, and they can even be attached to dental implants to replace missing teeth.
The Dental Crown Process
After confirming that getting a crown is the best choice for your oral health, we’ll begin the process of placing the restoration, which will take at least two appointments in most situations. The tooth will need to be “prepped” at your first appointment by having bits of enamel taken off to create the necessary room. An impression will be taken, and a temporary crown will be placed.
You’ll need to wait a few weeks for a lab to complete your dental crown. Once it’s ready, you can schedule your final appointment at our office to have it secured to your tooth. After it has been placed, our team will give you a few tips for taking care of your crown to help it last as long as possible.
The Benefits of Getting a Dental Crown
Restoring your smile with a dental crown comes with several advantages:
- Once covered with a crown, the tooth in question will be protected from further harm, making it less likely that more invasive dental procedures will be required in the future.
- You’ll be able to chew comfortably with the affected tooth again.
- Crowns can often be made out of porcelain and other materials that resemble real tooth enamel, thus improving the appearance of your smile.
- Dental crowns can last anywhere from 5 to 15 years; the better care you give them, the longer their lifespan is likely to be.