Dental Implant Services
Missing teeth can seriously downgrade your quality of life. They may make it difficult for you to speak clearly and chew effectively, and they can cause embarrassment. Moreover, they could lead to serious oral health problems. Dentures and bridges are tried and true ways to fill in gaps in a mouth, but many dentists believe that dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. At Gramercy Dental Studio, we’re proud to use this life-changing treatment to craft beautiful, strong smiles.
What Are Dental Implants?
The most common type of dental implants in Gramercy Park are small titanium posts that an oral surgeon places within your jaw. As your body heals after the surgery, something remarkable happens. Through a process known as osseointegration, your jaw forms a natural bond with the implants, allowing the implants to act like natural tooth roots. Therefore, your restored smile will have the strongest base possible.
Once your bone and gums have healed sufficiently, you’ll receive restorations (crowns, an implant-supported bridge, or implant-supported denture) to go on top of the implants. These restorations are custom-made for your mouth so they will give you a well-aligned bite. Plus, they are made of porcelain, which closely resembles natural teeth. No one will have to know that you’ve had some work done on your smile!
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implant come with a number of significant benefits, including:
- If you care for your implants well, it’s possible that they’ll last for the rest of your life.
- With implants, you won’t have to take anything out to clean it. You’ll be able to brush and floss as you would with your natural teeth.
- It’s easy to get used to the feel of your new teeth, and once you do, you might even forget that they aren’t the ones that nature gave you.
- Bone preservation. Because implants act like natural tooth roots, they help to prevent the bone loss that often comes with missing teeth.
- Your implants will be able to stand up to pretty much any food, whether it’s a hearty steak, a crunchy apple, or a big bowl of movie popcorn.
Who Is a Candidate for Dental Implants?
The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for dental implants is to schedule a consultation with one of our talented dentists, who can evaluate your oral health and recommend a treatment to replace your missing teeth. If you have a strong jaw and fairly good oral and overall health, it’s possible that implants will be perfect for you.
However, even if you have certain risk factors that could affect your implant journey, such as tobacco use, osteoporosis, or other conditions, it’s still possible that you could benefit from this procedure. The only way to know for sure is to ask a professional who has experience with implants.
Ready to experience a new smile? Please contact us if you’d like to learn more about dental implants in Gramercy Park.