Multiple Tooth Implants – Gramercy Park, NY
Bridging the Gaps in Your Grin
When it comes to solving tooth loss, dental implants in Gramercy Park are truly in a class of their own. They can be used to replace your missing teeth now matter how big the gap in your smile is. They can also be attached to dental prosthetics that look and feel much more natural than prosthetics alone. If you’re interested in bridging the gaps in your grin with dental implants, contact Gramercy Dental Studio today to schedule a consultation.
Non-Implant Tooth Replacement Options
Besides dental implants, there are a few other options to fill the gap in your smile:
- Crown and bridge: A crown and bridge is an excellent option if you’re only missing one to three teeth in a row and have healthy teeth remaining on either side of the gap. Composed of several crowns strung together, this restoration relies on crowns being anchored to the teeth on both sides of the gap.
- Partial dentures: Partial dentures involve attaching a customized tooth replacement to your remaining teeth using clasps or clips. It mimics a puzzle piece in the way it fits comfortably and naturally in your mouth.
- Full dentures: Full dentures are used to replace an entire arch of missing teeth. They consist of a gum-colored acrylic base with artificial teeth attached. It stays in place using a combination of natural suction or denture adhesive.
The Dental Implant Process
If you’re getting dental implants in Gramercy Park, you should plan on the process lasting for several months. First, careful x-rays are taken to determine where the implants should best be placed. Then, any necessary preliminary procedures, such as gum disease therapy or a bone graft, are performed. Next, the implants themselves are placed. It takes a few months for your jawbone to fully integrate itself with the implants. During that time, you may be fitted with a temporary prosthesis. Once the healing is complete, your implant-supported crown, bridge, or full or partial denture can be installed.
Benefits of Implant-Retained Dental Prosthetics
If you have multiple missing teeth in Gramercy Park, getting dental implants is the next best thing to having your natural pearly whites back. They offer a plethora of benefits, including:
- Protecting the health of your remaining natural teeth
- Preventing bone loss in your jaw and keeping your face looking young and vibrant for years to come
- Feeling and looking exactly like your natural teeth
- Having no need to remove the prosthesis while eating or sleeping
- Having the ability to last up to 30 years or even longer with proper care