Porcelain Veneers in Gramercy Park, NY
Are you among the countless individuals who don’t like the way their smile looks? Your cosmetic dentist in Gramercy Park offers porcelain veneers, which can makeover your teeth, boost your confidence, and make you fall in love with what you see in the mirror.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin pieces of porcelain that your dentist permanently attaches to the fronts of your teeth, covering over all the little (or big) flaws that make you cringe when you think about your smile.
The process for installing them takes just a few visits to our office. First, we’ll make sure your teeth are healthy enough to support veneers. We might also suggest that you get a whitening service before we put your new grin in place.
Once all the preliminary stuff is finished, we’ll prepare your teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel from them; this is so the veneers will look as natural as possible. Then we’ll take impressions of your teeth and send that info off to a laboratory, which will create your custom tooth covers. Later, you’ll come back for another appointment, which is when we’ll finish transforming your smile.
What Can Veneers Fix?
Porcelain veneers in Gramercy Park can address a range of cosmetic issues, including:
- Cracks and chips. Remember that time you chipped your front tooth during a soccer game? We can make that oops go away.
- Whether your teeth have an unattractive color because of genetics or lifestyle choices, veneers can cover those unsightly stains.
- Teeth that are too small. Are your pearly whites disproportionately small? We can bring greater balance to your smile!
- Asymmetrical teeth. If the chompers on one side of your mouth don’t line up with the ones on the other side, veneers can make up for the difference.
- Minor orthodontic issues, like small gaps and slight crookedness. Why spend years with braces in your mouth if you don’t have to?
Veneers usually get applied to the top front teeth, but they are also suitable for bottom teeth if you want the most comprehensive smile makeover available.
If you want to gain an even better idea of how veneers can work miracles, check out our smile gallery or do a simple online search for before and after pics. You’ll be amazed by how big a difference this cosmetic treatment can make!
How Long Do Porcelain Veneers Last?
If you care for them well, veneers can last for 15 years or longer. They’re very strong, and they’re more resistant to stains than regular tooth enamel. To get the most out of your new smile, you should:
- Stick to a good routine of brushing and flossing.
- Don’t consume a lot of dark foods and drinks. Although veneers don’t stain easily, they can become discolored over time.
- Don’t bite on anything that’s too hard, like ice, and avoid opening packages with your teeth.
- Come see us twice a year for regular checkups
Would you like to learn more about porcelain veneers? Please contact us so we can get you on the road to a new smile!
Porcelain Veneers FAQs
If you’re thinking about getting porcelain veneers to cover your unsightly imperfections, it’s important that you have all the information you need. It’s normal to have questions about a possible treatment option, so to help you in your decision-making process, we’ve compiled some of the most common porcelain veneers frequently asked questions.